Thursday, August 23, 2007

Reviewing Sentry Merged Left

You've probably noticed that I've been veering from my usual stuff and writing more fiction than usual, which is really what I love to do.

Anyhow, I'm trying to write a story that's been floating around in my head for a while, and it all started with my oldest son pointing to a construction sign that pointed us to merge lanes, but there was no construction afterward.

Nothing, for miles.


Anyhow, after numerous false starts with my writing over the years, I started blogging in 2004, and if it wasn't for this process I never would have finished anything, let alone the book that is floating to my right in the sidebar.

So, all of that to say, it's much more fun to have you with me during the process as I tackle this particular story.


I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to read it and give me your feedback? I hope to post at least one chapter a week until it is finished as an entire book, but it will be on a different blog, which I'll point you to for Chapter 2.

Throughout the process it will be officially cleaned up by an awesome editor (yes, that means you, Leslie) and into a book proposal, then to the very cool agent who is representing me for the other rabble I've written (though he tells me he doesn't handle this kind of material, so we'll just have to change his mind about that).

This would of course make you, my beloved five or six readers, front seat to a process which, start to finish, has about 98% chance of crashing and burning.

But it's fun nonetheless.

(If you can't tell, I'm only a little bit cynical about the publishing process, and this is because out of fifteen publishers that said very cool agent has submitted So I Go Now to -- now called A Carpenter at the Rialto -- I've received six rejections, albeit very nice ones. Six down, nine to go, so maybe you could lift up a prayer. )

(i'm waiting)

Thank you!! Oh, and by the way, the waiting game while trying to get a book published is excruciating. I think it should be a new form of torture.

Alright already, enough of my whining.

Chapter 1, below!

thanks..

Jeff

6 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

I don't htink you are whining. Sometimes I don't get to get to the blogs. It has been a while for me. But you can email me the chapters also. I am gonna try to keep up. I think it is cool that you have posted it for us to read. thanks

stephanie joy said...

hey jeff, thanks for the note. i'm new around here, how did you find me?

i just started blogging, every other week i think i might give up. glad to find yours, i loved your book so glad to see there's more out here to read!

take care, s

Erin said...

Pleased to have the honour :)
Peace-

christina joy said...

i look forward to this process with you and look forward to where this new chapter, or these new chapters rather, will take us.

just remember how many failures edison went through to get the one success. (was it edison or someone else?) someone out there's bound to be smart enough to take you on. or they are all just dumb and don't know what they're missing.
;-)

blessings.

Gigi said...

Your lovely wife put us onto praying for you since you failed to mention it....Meeting you and your wife was a distinct privilege right up there as a highlight of our trip.
I am looking forward to watching this form.
Thanks again for meeting with us.

Bar L. said...

Ok, I've been saving this to read all in one sitting. I am going to read it tonight. Just to let ya know :) See, I waited long enough to get 5 whole chapters out of you!!!