Monday, April 23, 2007

Prayer for Hallie

UPDATE (5/7):

She's home!!

She's on quite a few medications to ward off infection, and needs to keep weight on, but hopefully all will remain calm in this sweet little girl's road to recovery.

Once again, I thank you all for your prayers.
Blessings to you and yours..

Jeff

UPDATE (5/1):

Hallie is out of the ICU and is currently in the pediatric ward. The intricate pattern of tubes and IV's are starting to fall away one by one.
Hopefully my next update will be that Hallie is at home with her family!

Biliary Atresia isn't something that can be completely healed, but the surgery she just endured will allow her to lead a mostly normal life. A liver transplant may be necessary in the years ahead.

I'm so grateful for all of you and the time you're taking to pray for this sweet little girl. Thank you!!

UPDATE (4/27):

Each day is better for Hallie! Her temperature is holding steady, kidney function is still good, and she's quietly recovering from her surgeries. She's been opening her eyes from time to time and the Dr.s hope to get her off the ventilator over the weekend.

The power of prayer is undeniable. Thank you for the part you've played (and will hopefully still play) in her ongoing recovery!

UPDATE (4/24):

Thank you SO much for your prayers and your encouraging e-mails. Currently, Hallie is stable. They've been able to get her kidney function under control and her fever has broken, which the doctors were pleased with. She's not out of the woods yet, and so much seems to change at any given moment, so I'd appreciate your ongoing prayers! ~ Jeff


Hey everyone ~

Could you lift up a prayer for my niece Hallie? She's 2 months old and was born with a condition called Biliary Atresia. She needed surgery last week to repair the bile ducts in her liver, and since that time she's needed a second surgery to repair an intestinal kink. I received a call this morning that she's not doing well at all .. kidney function is not where it needs to be.

Any prayers you can offer on Hallie's behalf, as well as my sister Jodi, brother-in-law Jeff and family would be much appreciated.


Please also pass this on to others that you know will pray. I will post updates as I get them.

Blessings, and thanks ~

Jeff

7 comments:

Bar L. said...

Since she's now my "Desktop" photo, I have been praying all day and so have two of my bosses. Please keep us updated. I can't imagine how all of you feel, I've fallen in love with her just through a photo! What a sweet, precious little girl.

Bill Reichart said...

The internet can be a tool definitely used by the Lord. I followed the link from Barbara's post on her blog and now I am here, reading this heartbreaking story and looking at this precious little child. I have and will continue to pray for Hallie and her family.

so i go said...

thank you Barbara & Bill, and so many others that e-mailed .. your prayers are so amazing. i'll post more later today, once i get an update on how she's doing.

peace, jeff

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for Hallie right now as I type. She's beautiful!

Sharon said...

Hi Jeff,

Your blog flagged up on my google blog alerts for biliary atresia. I have a two and a half year old daughter who also has the condition (she is doing very well right now) and I know what your family are going through at the moment. You can read more about my daughter at www.hannahmcbride.blogpost.com

Hallie's parents, yourself, or any other family members might find www.liverfamilies.net a useful resource. This is a lively online support community for families affected by paediatric liver disease.

I will keep little Hallie (what a beautiful baby!) and all your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes

Sharon

Bar L. said...

I hope you know I've fallen in love with her by having her pic on my desktop! Great news that she's getting stronger! Thank you, God!!

Miss-buggy said...

I am glad that she is getting better. She is so beautiful. I just saw the picture now. My bad. Am continuing to pray for her and you all